Monday, July 11, 2011

Mooseifer - Poastes


(11 Apr 2011)

I don't know much about Mooseifer, having found out about this album after a post about the shortest album ever released. I know this is his/her/its/their most popular release, and I expect that, at under a minute long, it wasn't released on a physical format. I guess the idea of "album under a minute long" can work if the material is memorable and actually feels like an album. Well, Poastes does feel like an album, in the sense that every song is a variation of the same theme and work to complete a whole. This has even got the dynamics of a proper album, with an opener, closer, the lot. The problem is that the stuff just isn't memorable enough.

The album starts off promising with the first 4 tracks making sense one being after another, but then everything starts falling apart, until by "Poastes 12" all sense of structure is gone and the noises just don't have any meaning anymore. The last quarter of the album is completely useless and just ceases to be enjoyable in anyway whatsoever.

Standout tracks:

Poastes 1
Poastes 5
Poastes 6
Poastes 8
Poastes 13
Poastes 14

2 comments:

  1. Hi Endrey, just discovered this.. it's Mooseifer. First all thanks for taking the time to review this. Is there any way I can contact you and you review a few more of my albums? They aren't all like this one lol. Again... thanks

    Let me know if you want to review any more.
    You can hear some here:
    http://soundcloud.com/mooseifer

    All the best
    Mooseifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Mooseifer! Thanks for the kind words about the review and let me tell you that I definitely want to listen to more of your music. I really like to listen to this kind of unusual, experimental, unadulterated-by-high-production-value stuff. Also, allow me to point out that I may have given the album 2 stars, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I quite regularly give it a spin, in fact. I have added you on soundcloud under the name of Ankhaos.

    Look forward to hearing from you
    Endrey

    ReplyDelete