Sunday, July 10, 2011

Illogicist - The Insight Eye


(17 Sep 2010)

I really don't understand the mediocre ratings this album is receiving. Before having downloaded this album, I only knew their song "Every Straight Lie". Were this album similar to that one song, I would have rated it a 1.5, or even 1.0. After the song was finished, I wanted my four and a half minutes of time between the living back. I have no idea what was going through my head when I decided to download The Insight Eye, but, whatever it was, it was smart.

When I started listening to the album, I had no idea what to expect, and as I listened to the first song I began to realize how much I actually enjoyed it. I really couldn't, and still can't, see why this is considered such a forgettable piece of crap here on RYM. Sure, this album is not very energetic, but it more than compensates that by the overall quality of the songs, which are, admittedly, a hit or miss affair. Fortunately, they hit most of the time, and, when they do, what comes out is incredible. Sadly, when they miss, it's incredibly boring.

Listen to this album with an open mind and pay attention to the riffs, because that's where the band excels.

Standout tracks:

The Insight Eye
Rooms Of Emptiness
The Absolute Or Nothing
Soundless Pain
Secrets Of Human Hate

No comments:

Post a Comment