Sunday, July 10, 2011

Here Comes The Kraken - Here Comes The Kraken


(?? ??? 2010)

Here's the thing: this is really, really good. The breakdowns get annoying from time to time, but this is overall some of the best, if not THE best deathcore I've heard so far.

I've tried quite a few times so far to deny that this is not great. I've tried to maintain my credibility as an elitist and prove that this is fucking boring, and you know what? I can't. This is underrated awesomeness. Here Comes The Kraken's debut stands out from most deathcore for two reasons:

- They use breakdowns, yes, but they don't make the song ever lose direction;

- They use melody. Usually, that is something I'm against, since it ends up sounding cliché. Here, though, it's a completely different story. The melody really works. It improves the songs substantially and makes them actually interesting.

Here we have a deathcore band that follows the rules of deathcore, has a deathcore image, has a deathcore name, and is still incredibly original. Who thinks no good will ever come out of this genre, listen to these guys. Sure, it's nowhere near trve metal, but this is one of the best untrve metal albums out there.

Standout tracks:

Into The Slaughter Basement
Confessions of What I've Done
Underwater Visions
The Legend of the Rent Is Way Hardcore

No comments:

Post a Comment