Sunday, July 10, 2011

Converge - Jane Doe


(31 Aug. 2010)

This album is like if Converge soaked a sponge in anger, resentment, depression and remorse, dipped it in sulphuric acid and threw it at your face. It's one of the albums with most emotion and energy I have ever heard, and everything from the unintelligible vocals (barely intelligible on Phoenix In Flight), to the disconnected riffs to the raw production enhances this emphasis on emotiveness.

I will admit that the first few listens I was thinking "what the fuck is this crap?", but once I got to know the songs a little better I begun to really love this album. If all metalcore albums were this good, (fill in the blank). Absolutely excellent album.

Standout tracks:
Fault And Fracture
Hell To Pay
Homewrecker
Bitter And Then Some
Phoenix In Flight
Thaw

No comments:

Post a Comment